Polish Private Equity Association (PSIK) gathers private equity/venture capital investors active in Poland. Associate Membership is also available for other persons, companies and institutions interested in development of the private equity/venture capital industry in Poland.
The mission of the PSIK is to promote and develop the private equity and venture capital industry in Poland, and to represent the interests of the Polish private equity and venture capital community in Poland and abroad.
The objectives of the PSIK include:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the Polish private equity/venture capital industry, in particular among potential investees. Make private equity/venture capital investing more widely known and better understood.
- Present the industry as a viable, accessible and critical part of the capital market and a key factor for development and growth of individual companies and the Polish economy in general.
- Keep Members informed about significant initiatives and proposed changes to the legal, tax and regulatory environment. If necessary, develop and articulate common positions on relevant issues.
- Facilitate contacts between the Members: sharing experience, discussion and networking.
- Assist in education and training for private equity/venture capital professionals.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards among Members.
- Act as an interface and link to other relevant institutions and associations in Poland and abroad.
- Collect and present information and statistics about the industry in Poland.
PSIK is a non-profit organization, complying with the Polish law on associations. As defined in the Charter, the General Assembly is the association's supreme authority and the Board of Directors is the executive body. The present Board consists of:
- President - Khai Tan (Bridgepoint)
- Treasurer - Jacek Woźniak (Enterprise Investors)
- Vice Presidents - Monika Morali - Efinowicz (Advent International), Andrzej Bartos (Innova Capital), Sylwester Janik (MCI Management SA), Piotr Noceń (Resource Partners), Jacek Woźniak (Enterprise Investors)
PSIK's Managing Director, responsible for its daily activities, is Barbara Nowakowska.
The Association's Compliance Committee consists of:
- President - Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz (GESSEL - kancelaria prawna)
- Zenon Dąbrowski (Arx Equity Partners)
- Przemysław Bielicki (Royalton Partners)
The legal advisor of the PSIK is GESSEL - Attorneys at Law.
Sarnowska Strack Sp. z o.o. provides accountancy services to PSIK.